Identity


As the crests of the liquid mirror
faced me -
I gazed upon its critical eyes 
in a hazy attempt 
to crawl into my own shadow.

That split second stretches
into a millennium's worth of condescending
judgements.
At half a heartbeat, the soul sunk
so deep
in a pursuit for justification.
You drift into a celestial realm of uncertainty,
a cloud of unsaturated doubt.

Who am I?

(An artist's obsession...)

On a constant loop you watch
your existence racing into oblivion.
 You thirst for validation
To be counted for purpose.






Comments

  1. thirst for validation in the liquid glass...I better be prepared when I look into a mirror. You bring such introspection to the everyday questions I avoid. - Jade

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Disheartened...

We are our own Liars!