Through the peephole


Through the peephole,
You glance at your whole life.
He sleeps next to you
Amidst the storm of events day by day,
It all came to this moment.
This man.
In my head, thoughts clouded by anguish.
Dreaded battles of satisfaction and guilt.
Yet the soft curve of his shoulder,
The sweetness of his scent,
The warmth of his breath 
Against my cold skin...
Simply intoxicating.

Or is it the idea of falling in love again that draws me to it?
This calming madness,
This terrifying urge to plunge into unknown depths.
We have all read the stories of such beauty.
Passed down from ear to ear,
Generation after generation.
This eternal beauty, a temptation...
So grave, so enticing,
So addictive.

The closer I get, the stronger it becomes.
I feel the need to resist and save myself
From the unknown nightmares ahead.
But what if I'm wrong?
What if, in this beautiful creature, 
Lies my salvation?
What if...?

The night became darker and quieter.
As he wraps his toned, heavy arm around
my waist to draw me closer.
A feeling of rush fills up my heart...
An all too familiar feeling, lost but found again.
My eyes grew heavy
As I drifted away from my reality.
Through that peephole,
Into a world of unlimited possibilities.




Comments

  1. Maybe this is the only way. Weren't we supposed to catch up for tea tasting? Or was it just conversation for the sake of conversation. The one that fills up time that is otherwise spent in awkwardness. More info on Telegram

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Disheartened...

Identity