Dark consumption

The still mist in an empty bottle,
A tear fixed to your cheek
as time froze...
For a moment there, I thought-
I could no longer see
or be heard..
Cooped up by unknown sorcery
that no one can comprehend...
I was alone!


A moment...
Just one tiny moment
that stood still,
And I'm lost.
This stillness devoured every drop of hope
I have left.
This... this...
This strong and undefinable urge,
to wake up.
I have no one,
No one to depend on!
No one to look forward to..
No one worth the effort!
I managed to divulge my shadow
And go to new lows
Yet I feel nothing.
I am alone!

But this is not my time,
not yet!
Maybe others are plotting
oh! the verbal atrocities...
Will I still make it??
I wonder..
But for now,
I shall roll like a ball
in a corner...
While I wait-
I shall wait
Till my time has come
but until then
I shall remain a shadow in the dark...
Waiting...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disheartened...

We are our own Liars!

Identity